Hungry for a new career opportunity? Find your next job
Maintenance & Engineering Manager
About The Position
At Redefine Meat, we love meat. Really, really love meat.
We believe that the world deserves New-Meat™, plant-based meat, that’s not only good for the environment but is also kind to animals. Having studied animal meat’s unique components, and perfected cutting-edge technologies, Redefine Meat provides a wide range of high-quality products that are just as delicious as the meat you already know and love. New-Meat™ delivers an uncompromised and extraordinary culinary experience with its taste, texture, and aroma.
We also know that we will reach the unreachable with a great team of passionate, courageous, and curious people.
We’re as passionate about people as we are about food!
Lead the site engineering and maintenance field which includes capital projects, machine shop, maintenance planner, facilities, electrical & instrumentation, and contract services. Ensure continuous operations for the facility and pilot plant, putting safety as a priority. Lead the team with a continuous improvement mindset, enabling performance improvement through coaching/developing colleagues, peers, and team members.
Location: Best, The Netherlands
Reports to: VP Operations EMEA
- Ensuring minimum time loss in breakdowns of the plant by making the required spare parts available to engineering at all times by maintaining desired OP/OQ levels of stock
- Responsible for leading the development and execution of Total Productive Manufacturing (TPM) principles and Lean-Six Sigma capability tools to exceed the business objectives.
- Oversee daily maintenance operations to help ensure production schedules are met and plant efficiencies are maintained.
- Interact with vendors, customers and external resources as needed.
- Partner with other departments regarding the resolution of ongoing problems, the implementation of new procedures or process, and the injection of new products or product lines.
- Coordinate with on-site staff to review and approve plans for new equipment installation and layout to ensure operational efficiency.
- Coordinate material requests, supplier and plant schedules and established project timelines.
- Lead continuous improvement activities in all areas of the plant.
- Process Engineering.
- Update and maintain documentation such as material balances.
What you'll need
- Education: bachelor’s degree in engineering. Master’s degree – an advantage.
- Experience: 8 plus years of Mechanical and Electrical experience and knowledge working with high-speed, multi-line production, packaging and processing equipment in the food & manufacturing industry.
- Computer Skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Power BI; MS Project, SAP and or other CMMS systems.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills are mandatory; Able to communicate and translate complex technical topics into easy-to-understand concepts.
- Special Skills: Possess a good working knowledge of food manufacturing operations systems and process controls. Must have a customer service business attitude; ability to work in an unsupervised environment answering multiple internal customers at all levels.
- Certifications: CMRP, CMRT, CRE, Six-Sigma.
- Managerial: Includes the supervision of maintenance technicians and Reliability Engineers
- Language: Fluent in English and Dutch