Redefine Spice Blend
- Add all of the ingredients to a container.
- Fold together until thoroughly combined.
- Store in an airtight container until needed.
- Add everything but the ice to a heat-proof container.
- Stir until the sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Add the ice and leave until completely melted.
- Use as needed or store in the fridge or freezer for later.
Brined Redefine Flank:
- Cut the flank into 3 100g pieces.
- Place in a vacuum pouch or container.
- Cover with the brine.
- Seal the pouch or container.
- Leave to cure in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Remove the flank from the brine and drain off the excess liquid.
- Use kitchen paper to gently press the pieces of flank to squeeze out most of the liquid.
- Leave uncovered to come up to room temperature.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the flan and cook on each side for 3-4minutes or until nicely caramelised.
Try serving this recipe as the protein element in dishes such as:
- Traditional slow-cooked meat dishes
- Asian rice & noodle dishes
- BBQ dishes